The vibration of the Senseez Cushion can be arousing or organising. It’s great for children to sit on at times when they would likely be distracted or restless. Children with sensory processing disorders and or sensory integration dysfunction enjoy, and often need or crave, the type of input that the Senseez provides.
The Senseez Vibrating Cushion is designed for children who:
- Have difficulty sitting still.
- Get distracted easily.
- Have tactile sensitivities.
- Have trouble concentrating.
- Could use some help with sensory regulation and organisation.
- Have difficulty with calming down.
- Have difficulty getting to sleep.
- Would enjoy being massaged.
- The Senseez cushion’s vibrating device has a pressure-sensitive switch, which switches on as the child sits on to cushion, and that switches off as the child shifts their weight off the cushion.
- Cordless and battery operated.
- Compact and lightweight.
- The vinyl cover can be wiped clean with a slightly dampened cloth.
- Has a small carabiner clip so can be hung out of the way when not in use.
It is suitable for use with children who have either an under-reactive or over-reactive sensory processing system, as the vibration provides organising sensory input.
As with all therapeutic tools which provide sensory input, the child’s preferences should be respected. This applies in particular to children who have physical or mental disabilities that render them incapable of moving off the cushion independently. In such cases, the cushion should only be used for a few minutes at a time, and under the direction of a qualified sensory integration or neuro-developmentally trained therapist or medical practitioner.
Size: Blue Square measuring 25 cm x 25 cm.
The vibration unit requires two AA batteries (not included).
Safety information / Disclaimer:
Senseez are not a medical device and should not be used for medical or therapeutic purposes. They are not waterproof and should never be used around or submerged in water. The vibration mechanism emits a noise that may not be suitable for some children. Each child will respond differently to Senseez. Senseez are not toys and caution should be used when they are treated as such. Senseez are intended for use with children ages 3+ with parental supervision. While they are designed to ensure safety, Senseez Pillows is not responsible if any contents are ingested or misused, or for injury resulting from electrical components.