ARK One Way Flow Straw Valve
Sucking through a straw has never been this easy! The ARK Select-Flow Valve keeps the liquid up in the straw, making drinking from a straw much easier for beginners and for adults who may have compromised oral motor skills.
Availability: In stock
The ARK Select-Flow Valve makes drinking from a straw much easier for children and adults who have oral-motor difficulties. The flow valve is uniquely designed to ensure that the liquid only flow UP the straw, and to ensure that it does not flow back down into the glass. Because fluid stays at the top of the straw, the next sip requires much less effort. Drinking through the flow valve also reduces the air ingested. This means that the individual will experience less coughing and choking while drinking fluids. - A real blessing for the ill and infirm! The Select-Flow Valve is highly recommended for individuals who tend to aspirate or have difficulties generating and maintaining suction (or who have a weak suck). Simply push the tapered end of the valve into the bottom of a straw, or into a piece of green theratubing, and you're set to go.
For individuals who are not easily albe to suck in only a small amount of fluid, and who suck up too much fluid at a time, the Select-Flow Valve also slows the flow of fluid allowing for smaller, more manageable sips that lower the risk of coughing/choking. The rate of flow up the straw can be increased by snipping off a small piece at the tapered end of the valve using a pair of sharp scissors.
Made in the U.S.A. from FDA compliant materials. Contains no lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex. Dishwasher safe.
- Not recommended for carbonated beverages.
- Recommended for thin liquids such as water, milk or clear juice. Fluids such as juice which contains pulp will cause the flow valve to become blocked.
- If you're using very slightly thickened liquids, cut the tapered end of the valve to open up the flow. It is however not recommended to use thick liquids as the flow valve will likely become blocked.
- Fits in the bottom of most standard drinking straws or into a length of green theratubing.
Size: The Select-Flow Valve measures approximately 4.45 cm in length.
Caution! - Contains small parts that may pose a choking hazard; please directly supervise at all times.
- A great tool for teaching children with special needs to suck through a straw.
I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!